Sunday, January 6, 2008

Post Office 85242

Sheesh, you would think that the US Post office would realize that Queen Creek needs a new post office. If you haven't experienced their parking lot it is akin to a demolition derby getting in and out of there.
The Saturday hours are ridiculous. 12-2. What the???? At least put in one of those self service machines so that working people can actually have packages mailed without waiting in line. (Refer to photo of line above).

I am not anti-post office. I come from a family of postal workers. I just wanted to share my frustrations. I mailed a package this Saturday and the line was out the door at 1:30. There were 15 people in front of me and 15 behind me. Very frustrating.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain. I just had my neighbors packaged delivered to me and my packaged that was to be delivered I have no idea where it is. My other neighbor caught me to give me my mail, which they received. We have to have a meeting in the middle of the street to exchange mail. We have all complained in the past five years, I guess they still don't know how to read.

Anonymous said...

New post office update (11/13/08)
Q: I have heard the new Post Office has been put on hold or canceled entirely due to budget issues with the Federal Government. Is this true?

A: No. This is not true. The United States Postal Service has actually just closed the bidding process for contractors and will be selecting a contractor very soon. The new post office is planned for construction on land recently deeded by the Town to the Postal Service. This property is located on the north side of the Queen Creek Wash and west side of the Ellsworth Loop Road (west of the Development Services Building). The Postal Service still maintains that their Fall 2009 opening date is still achievable for the approximately 26,000-square-foot building.

Regards, Jeff Brown
Town Council Member - Town of Queen Creek