10 New Years Wishes Queen Creek and surrounding areas. (not necessarily in this order).
1. That city and county planners make a moratorium on new housing developments in the area. We'd like for our homes to retain their value and this would help immensely. We have more than enough new or almost new empty houses in the area.
3. That we continue to see quality restaurants and retail move in the area.
4. That developers and the city work to make our community walkable or bike friendly with wide sidewalks and bike trails.
5. That taggers find some other outlet for their art besides scribbling nonsensical signatures and the like all over town.
6. That the community supports deserving local businesses so that they can thrive and afford to pay their rent and continue providing us businesses with local flavor.
7. That employers with decent wages decide to locate in Queen Creek and that the businesses that have been in the area for year continue to experience success.
8. That more people care about their community and neighborhoods and get to know their neighbors on a more intimate level. (This is on my personal list for this year)
9. That people take pride in their community starting with their own properties.
10. That Pinal County and Queen Creek powers that be take each other into consideration before making decisions that affect their neighbors.
Please feel free to add to my list.