Sunday, May 11, 2008

About Town (Plus Commentary)



Another Grand Opening in Queen Creek this week. Super Walmart arrives to the 85242. The nice thing about new stores is.... that they are new! Along with new comes clean and orderly. I made my contribution to the Queen Creek economy AGAIN this week by shopping at the new Walmart.


I LOVED the wider aisles. The colorful displays were a nice touch too. I filled up my cart with new outdoor cushions for my backyard lounger. There was a good selection of sundresses and I bought them before there was a run. The cashiers seemed nice and attentive. A good time was had by me.




I haven't talked much about traffic lately. So here goes... Ironwood is working for me in the mornings now. I have noticed more traffic on this stretch the past few week as word gets out. There is a jam over the bridge after Baseline where you get in the left lane to get on the highway going west. I chalk this up to the folks who cut in at the front of the line. You know who you are, and we don't like you. Get in line!

I also have not mentioned the gas prices lately. Because of my long commute to work I ended up buying a hybrid. I love my hybrid and have been seeing more and more of them on the road. I was so psyched the other day when I saw my first Smart Car traveling on Ironwood. Too cool whom ever you are.

Yes I'm sure I freaked you out when I tried to take your picture from my car. Please forgive me, I was too excited. You go girl. At least I think you were a girl.

Now onto other traffic matters that are bugging me. Have you noticed the photo speed enforcement vans on Ironwood lately. Watch closely it is a $200 ticket. They are normally pulled over to the side of the road. I have seen them on Ironwood, both sides and all the way down Gantzel. The speed limit on Ironwood is 50 mph, so when you slam on your brakes, slam to under 50 mph and you might avoid a ticket. We all know how easy it is to speed on this road since you are basically driving through ranch land. Just use caution in this area.

On to my next gripe. Cars that look like speed enforcement vans but are not. IMPOSTERS! I photographed this van with white blocked out windows the other morning. Why would you white out your van windows??? Stop torturing us commuters. (This photo is NOT a photo enforcement van).


So that is the good the bad and the ugly this week in Queen Creek. See you in traffic on Monday!

Happy Mothers Day!




No comments: