Thursday, June 4, 2009

Queen Creek Marketing Plan


The East Valley Tribune ran an article titled "Queen Creek developing marketing plan". I wanted to make a few comments as I learned a few things about Queen Creek in this article.
1. Did you know that Queen Creek has a marketing department?
2. Did you know that Queen Creek had a marketing phrase?
"Convenience of the city, comforts of the country".
According to the article "Queen Creek is getting ready to embark on a branding initiative to define the down as a destination - not a bedroom community of the outskirts of the Valley"
The town spokeswoman stated that Queen Creek is "more than just homes" "There's a lot of culture that happens out here, like Schnepf Farms and the perming arts center and horseshoe Park".
The article indicated that the town is looking for branding and marketing ideas.
I can save you a million in marketing right now - let's twitter about it. If you have a twitter account and find something worth twittering about in Queen Creek, tweet about it. Use the words "Queen Creek" in your tweet. Anyone who does a search on Queen Creek on twitter will get tons of information. Yes it's a wild card. Some of it may not be the message that the town council would want to get out but it would be a real bites of information about the area.
I'm starting my Queen Creek tweets today. Feel free to follow my tweets by clicking the Twitter link on this blog. Tell the world what you want them to know about Queen Creek. I hope most of it is positive but also honest.
I'd love to hear more about other places in the Queen Creek area besides Schnepf Farms. I'm talking Queen Creek Olive Mill, I'm talking The Pork Shop, I'm talking Sushi Creek. I'm talking Queen Creek Library. You may get a bad tweet from me about the Queen Creek Post Office... but hey I'm talking honesty here.
Please share with me any other ideas you have about promoting Queen Creek. I'd be happy to share your comments on this blog.

No comments: