Monday, September 6, 2010

RIP Robert Schimmel

I was so sad to hear about the death this week of comedian Robert Schimmel. He was one of the few comedians that made me laugh so hard I cried. He survived a heart attack and cancer. He died this week after a serious auto accident in the Phoenix / Scottsdale area.

I had the pleasure of seeing his show at the Tempe Improv. I had a good friend who was battling cancer. I sent him a book written by Mr. Schimmel titled "Cancer on $5 a day, not including chemo". He so made my friend laugh and it was so nice for him to read a book by another person going through cancer treatment.

Even though I did not know him personally I am so glad that I knew about him and had the opportunity to laugh at his jokes.


RIP Robert Schimmel - you will be missed.

1 comment:

Jason, as himself said...

A cancer and heart attack survivor, only to be killed in a car accident! What a sad thing.