Saturday, September 8, 2007

Blog 1 September 8,2007





Welcome to my first blog. I was inspired to have a blog about Queen Creek after viewing a site that someone put together about my old hometown in Ohio. The photos were real and raw. I liked the fact that the old town was photographed for posterity. I did not like everything that I saw but I knew it was real.


I moved to the Phoenix area in 2004 and had a home built in Queen Creek in 2005. I knew there was a housing boom but I think I was naive about how big of a boom it was.

We bought our home at the peak of the buying frenzy in this area. At the time many buyers were excited at the prospect of buying and flipping homes and getting rich. Queen Creek was no exception. We actually had to get on a list and attend an auction for our lot back in 2004.


Our home is actually right on the border on Queen Creek in a former pecan grove. We are actually in Pinal County. When we first moved here most of the roads had four way stops. Morning commutes were brutal with construction trucks coming in and commuters going out. There have been some improvements in the past two years but the home growth is faster than the road construction. Traffic is still a major problem here.

Basically with this blog I wanted to provide some photos in and around Queen Creek and then revisit those same spots as the area evolves.

This is my first post, I'm not too sure what I am doing, so be patient with me please.

Thanks, QCEVO

















































No comments: