Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Ch-ch-ch-changes















Queen Creek is changing quickly. I notice new structures daily. I thought I had better photograph a few before they go away. I wish I would have photographed the farm at Ironwood and Ocotillo before it was torn down. I loved the chickens that would dart around the yard. The old house looked like you had stepped back in time.














The new structures are popping up so fast. We are in between the rural and the new. Some of the houses are pretty small and some are almost shack-like. Those are the structures that I foresee disappearing as quickly as the new structures are popping up.








I'm not sure what our little town is becoming. Only time will tell. I was perusing the Town of Queen Creeks website and found their Mission Statement and thought I would share it with you.




Here is the Town of Queen Creeks Mission Statement as stated on their website. It is titled Vision, Mission, Values and Strategic Plan:

Town of Queen Creek Vision. The Town of Queen Creek strives to honor our past, manage our present and embrace our future to create a quality, unique place for families and businesses.
Town of Queen Creek Mission: It is the mission of the Town of Queen Creek to provide a framework for a high quality of life, promote a strong sense of community and provide responsive public services in a caring, ethical, innovative and accountable manner.
Town of Queen Creek Values: In support of its mission statement, the Town of Queen Creek believes in the following values: • Quality service that is honest, trustworthy, professional, fair and efficient • Unified vision for the future through ongoing community dialogue • Empathetic listening to the needs and concerns of the community • Enthusiastic application of creativity to find solutions • Never missing an opportunity to assist a customer • Communication that is honest, timely and accurate • Responsibility for personal actions and recognizing their impact on the workplace and community • Encourage involvement by all to ensure that the diversity of the community is represented in decision making • Environmentally sound planning and practices that will ensure natural resources for future generations • Kindness in all dealings with residents, customers, partners and employees .

The mission statement sounded so familiar..... Oh, I know ....
On my honor, I will try:
To serve God and my country,
To help people at all times,
And to live by the Girl Scout Law.

The Girl Scout Law
I will do my best to be honest and fair, friendly and helpful, considerate and caring, courageous and strong, and responsible for what I say and do, and to respect myself and others, respect authority, use resources wisely, make the world a better place, and be a sister to every Girl Scout.
Words to live by. Amen.

No comments: